Five Differences between 304 Stainless Steel Welded Pipe and Stainless Steel Seamless Pipe
304 stainless steel welded pipe is a stainless steel pipe welded after stainless steel strip is rolled and formed by a machine set and a mold. The stainless steel seamless pipe is made of round billets through cold rolling, cold drawing or hot extrusion. 304 stainless steel welded pipe has replaced stainless steel seamless pipe in more and more places with the progress of production technology, the improvement of weld quality and the diversity of varieties and specifications.
1. Simply speaking, the literal meaning of the two can be seen. The difference is that stainless steel seamless pipe has no weld joint.
2. The production accuracy of stainless steel seamless pipe is not high, the pipe wall thickness is uneven, the brightness of the inner and outer walls of the pipe is low, and the cost of sizing and customization is high. 304 stainless steel welded pipe just makes up for these, with uniform wall thickness and high brightness. It can also support customer customization and save material costs.
3. Because seamless pipes have no welding points, they are better than welded pipes in terms of corrosion resistance and high pressure resistance, which is why seamless pipes usually have thicker pipe walls, and thin-walled seamless pipes have lower practicability and higher processing costs. Welded pipe has no such limitation and can be used as thin-walled pipe. With the improvement of welding technology, the performance is gradually approaching seamless pipe.
4. The difference between the manufacturing process of welded pipe and seamless pipe also determines the price difference between them. The relatively complex manufacturing process of seamless pipe makes it more expensive than welded pipe. In consideration of the purchase cost, welded pipe is also a preferred choice.
5. Combined with the characteristics of seamless pipe, it is mainly used for high pressure, high strength, mechanical structure materials, such as power station, industrial engineering and large-scale equipment transmission pipeline. Welded pipe can be used as decorative pipe, product pipe, prop pipe or low pressure transmission pipe.
The above are the differences between 304 stainless steel welded pipe and stainless steel seamless pipe. We can make a reasonable selection based on the use, economic cost and the characteristics of both.